INTRA DISTRICT TRANSFER (ORINDA RESIDENTS)
- The open enrollment application period for new Intra District Transfer request submission is January 23, 2024 to March 1, 2024 for the 2024-2025 school year.
INTER DISTRICT TRANSFERS INTO THE DISTRICT
Orinda USD will accept Inter District transfer
requests for the 2024-2025 school year beginning April 1, 2024.
"Interdistrict transfers" (IDT) are required for students residing outside of Orinda city limits, who wish to attend an Orinda school (BP 5117).
- The approved Interdistrict releases must be received by Orinda USD by May 30th, 2024 to get first consideration. Transfers received after May 30th will be notified of their application status within 30 days.
Please note that limitations in classroom space and district resources are primary factors in considering Inter District transfer agreements. Orinda Union School District gets involved only AFTER the school district of residence approves to release students from their jurisdiction.
- Contact your school district of residence and obtain an inter district transfer (IDT) form.
- Once the completed form is reviewed and approved by the district of residence, a copy will be forwarded to Orinda Union School District.
- Approved IDT releases must be received by Orinda USD during May 30th.
- Upon receipt of the approved IDT request, Orinda USD will generate a letter to parents requesting academic and behavioral records.
- There is no guarantee that IDT requests will be approved by Orinda USD. Parents are strongly encouraged to keep their student enrolled at their home school until the IDT is aphttps://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Policy/ViewPolicy.aspx?S=36030624&revid=uOV4XeXkuLPU2AqMDylO7A%3d%3d&PG=6&st=5117&mt=Exactproved.
- The IDT review process is, first and foremost, determined by availability of space within Orinda USD.
- School assignments for transferring student is at the prerogative of Orinda Union School District.
- The application for an IDT can be denied due to overcrowding within Orinda USD schools or limited district resources.
- IDT agreements shall be granted for a term of ONE school year and must be renewed for approval annually.