Measures E & I
Thanks to the generosity of the Orinda community, in 2018 voters passed Measures E and I, $105 million local school bond to help provide Orinda Union School District students with safe, 21st century learning environments.
Measures E and I are used to pay for new construction as well as general modernization. Following are some projects that will be funded with Measure E and I funds:
- Construction of the new Sleepy Hollow Multi-Purpose Room
- Construction of the new OIS Student Services Building
- Installation of the HVAC system in all instructional spaces at all schools.
- Electrical upgrades at all schools.
- Modernization of old and outdated classrooms; double-pane windows, flooring, insulation, doors, ADA compliance
- Improve school safety and security
Bond Oversight Committee
All Bond funds are locally controlled and will benefit OUSD schools.
- No funding could be taken away by the state or used for other purposes.
- A Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee and independent audits are required (See CBOC page).
- No funds could be used for administrator salaries.
All Bond-funded projects must comply with the language in the Measure E and I ballot. The Bond Executive Team (BET) consisting of Board members, staff, and field experts (architect, engineer) review the proposed projects, review the budget, and prioritize the implementation of the bond-funded construction.
Each project must be approved in a public Board of Trustees meeting.