Local Control Accountability Plan
The 2016-17 DRAFT Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) & Annual Update was reviewed by the Board of Trustees with a public hearing on June 13, 2016. The Orinda LCAP was presented for approval at the second Board Meeting on June 27, 2016. The Orinda LCAP includes required state priorities that are embedded in the following:
- All students, including English Learners, will demonstrate knowledge of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) by meeting and/or exceeding proficiency levels in core subjects (English Language Arts and Math).
- Develop a professional learning plan that will continue to support teachers in the alignment of student learning to the Common Core Standards (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- All students, including subgroups, will demonstrate knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) by meeting and/or exceeding proficiency levels in Science.
- Provide safe and comfortable learning environments that meet the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of Orinda school communities.
- Provide every student with a 21st century educational experience to meet the needs of a global society.
TIMELINE OF IMPORTANT 2016 DATES
May 13 - Receive & respond to public comment through May 31
June 13 - Public hearing during the OUSD regular board meeting
June 27 - LCAP approved by the Board of Trustees
Links to LCAP Goals in Action
LCAP Goal #2